Friday, January 11, 2013

Happy New Year! Welcome 2013! I haven't posted in quite awhile, but I've been busy hooking rugs, felting, spinning wool, and weaving scarves along with knitting. Here's some of the projects I've done:
 woven scarf
 woven Noro Kureyon scarf
 hand spun and hand knitted scarf
 woolen woven plaid scarf
 primitive Christmas tree mini hooked rug
 hand woven scarf, woolen, in shades of brown
 hooked rug
 machine sewn table runner, using Civil War era replica cotton
 hand woven alpaca scarf
 felted snowman
I'm totally addicted to spinning. Look at what Santa brought me:
I'm adjusting to this wheel very nicely...it's so easy to spin on, and I keep this wheel in the family room so that I can spin while we watch TV. My spinning has improved, and my yarn has been more consistent. 
          Just getting over a horrible cold, which became bronchitis. Hoping NOT to get the flu! I prefer to stay home, out of crowds, and I am contented to work on projects in my home. I love this time of the year...it's so cozy to stay in while the cold weather stays outside my window. I never get "cabin fever". I would do very well living in Alaska with their 9 month winters. Unfortunately, my hubby doesn't agree!
          This new year, my resolution is to make gifts early in the year for the 2013 Christmas season. I think homemade gifts are the best, and I love giving things that I have made.
           I hope everyone has had a great start to this new year, and I hope you are keeping your hands busy, and completing new projects as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment